Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Week 85


This last week in my area has been the best so far. We have found so many good people to teach this week; I'm sure many will change their lives through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  They are incredible people, and I love teaching them.  This Sunday was amazing, many investigators came.  The messages were excellent in each hour, and the church members really helped make the investigators feel at home. The noches de hermanamiento are in function in all the branches, and ours are becoming very successful.  I feel like the branch is finally starting to turn around.

We found an investigator who works on a cruise ship, and we
taught him two lessons in English.  He has a great desire to learn and really likes what he is learning.  All the doctrine makes sense to him.  We challenged him to baptism, and he accepted.  He told us that he had been looking for something more that would allow himself to connect more with God.

We found a family to teach by helping a man carry firewood to his house, after which we shared a small lesson and put a return date.  This Sunday the man and his granddaughter attended church with us.  They are humble and good people with a desire to learn.  We are very excited for their progress.

We also found a family of inactive members by contacting.  I really felt that the spirit guided us there.  We were trying to find a house that we had visited earlier in the week unsuccessfully as I felt the impression to contact a particular house.  We yelled BUENOS DÍAS, and an 18 year old girl came out. Next came a long interchange of words:
Hi, we're missionares.  Hi, I'm a member, come in.  Turns out that all of the family are members and that for reasons of work and problems, they had stopped attending church.  The girl expressed her desire to return to the church.  We have the help of several family members to guide their family in their return to the 'fold' and the path to happiness and
eternal life.

I'm excited for the opportunity to serve in my last area and to train a new elder.   
Looks like the next area is the same, starting from scratch again.  I'm nevertheless happy for the opportunity to train and open an area and do my best in my last area.  This should be a good way to end my mission!

Zone conference


Ugly tie collection


No comments:

Post a Comment