Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Week 6

This past Saturday, we had the opportunity to witness and participate in two baptisms!-The baptisms of Sister J. and Sister L.  It was a super cool experience! They both have very strong testimonies and really know of the veracity and blessings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I am so grateful I had the opportunity to teach these two amazing daughters of God with Elder Cruz.  I learned during this experience that the Lord will put people that are ready and willing to follow the example of Jesus Christ in your path, and all we need to do is invite them to come unto Christ.  I learned how important faith, prayer, and work are in our personal conversion.  When we do exercise faith through prayer and work hard, the Holy Spirit will touch our hearts and minds to testify of the work we are doing and allow us to grow and better ourselves during the process.  I am very grateful to be a missionary, and I hope as I spend the next 23 months here in Honduras, I can have many more experiences like the baptisms we participated in because The Gospel of Jesus Christ really blesses families and allows us to become better people.  Even though we're not perfect, Christ makes up all the difference.  I know He lives, and I am so grateful to have a family that loves me and can be together forever. 

Teachings are going well.  We hope to have three baptisms this week.  We hope to baptize a viejita (old woman) on Wednesday, Sister S.  We are hoping to baptize two muchachos (boys)- Brother O. and Brother K. this week.  They are both 17 years old.  I bought thirty limes and a bunch of platanos.  I got to play piano for an hour and a half today.  They were selling a huge river fish over in El Progresso, super mas hizo.  I ate menudo (stomach lining soup)- actually not too bad! I got to baptize Sister L.  She is super cool!  I am starting to forget some English words! super raro.  It's cool to see how your brain works because sometimes I'll be talking and forget what I'm talking about or to conjugate, but my brain will guess and the right conjugation will come out haha.  I need to work on making my consonants softer and my vowels more correct.  My pronunciation isn't bad, but it's a lot of practice- correct practice- that will help me develop my accent and Spanish skills.

 I was left pants and boots that fit perfectly, talc, and a children's hymnbook by previous missionaries.... Luck or something more?  I am able to teach about 30 to 40 percent of the discussions now.  The bus, taxi, and rapidito system are actually very effective and efficient... It probably breaks a bunch of health and safety codes, but it is very quick and cheap haha. Choose The Right in Spanish is Haz Lo Justo.


Baptisms!

Playing the piano

An investigator's baby

Dessert?

Las Limas!

PLATANO!!!

1 comment:

  1. I remember your father drinking milk from a plastic bag when he was in Argentina. I think you are doing very well with your Spanish!

    ReplyDelete