Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Week 8

Rundown for the past 6 weeks:

We have been super busy this week and this month so far with lessons and baptisms.  But I wouldn't want it any other way! I've just completed my first "cambio" or the first 6 weeks of my mission!  Although it went by so quickly, it felt like a long time as well.  Besides being sick for almost two weeks, I've been doing well here in Honduras.  I have learned a lot, and I have a lot more to learn haha. Elder Cruz and I have had the opportunity to teach a ton of lessons together to families and people throughout our area.  Every person and family we have met is very different, but all are children of our Heavenly Father.  Even though the lives of many of these people are challenging, many have found peace, love, and hope through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It's incredible to see.  I love teaching the plan that our Heavenly Father has for each one of his children.  Through the atonement of Jesus Christ, he has provided a way for us to overcome all the challenges in our lives and live eternally with our families.  Even though we're not perfect, our Father in Heaven will always love us.  He sent us to this earth to grow, learn, develop into individuals, and have families.  Life is difficult and we all make errors, but with the atonement, we all have the ability to change and defeat the challenges we have.  I am so grateful to share this message with the people of Honduras, and I am so grateful for the fact that I can improve and conquer my shortcomings.  The plan of our Heavenly Father, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, has truly blessed my life.  I am so grateful for my family and the promise that if I fulfill my part, I can live with them again.  I have a lot of work to do to grow, learn, and mature into the missionary my Heavenly Father wants me to be, but every day I am learning and growing more.  I know that if I do my part, the Lord will testify to those with faith through the Holy Spirit that He loves them, and that He has a plan for them and their happiness.  We have had the opportunity to baptize six people this cambio.  It was an amazing experience to see how their lives have changed and how their happiness has truly increased due to the covenants they have made with the Lord.  I hope next cambio can be just as awesome, and that I can improve in my teaching skills, testimony, knowledge, and Spanish to accomplish this! 

I got to play a special musical number for the transfer meeting today. Yay. Our zone will be performing a special number, Si a Kólob pudieras ir (If You Could Hie to Kolob), for the  multi zone conference, so I'll get to arrange something for the sisters to sing with the piano. Yay.

I'm feeling 100 percent better.  The antibiotic pretty much crushed whatever I had.

It rains a lot here.  The waterproof cases Mom sent me and the umbrella saved all our pamphlets, scriptures, and telephone because one day we got more rain than I've ever seen!

BTW, Honduras has some dang tasty fruits.  I get a banana for less than a cent here hehe.

My area

My area


Sister R. was just baptized

Elder Holden has just completed his mission.  He is a super awesome missionary!

A fruit called a mangosteen

Inside of a mangosteen

Sister R. served a mini three month mission. She lives in our stake

No comments:

Post a Comment